Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Ugh, 1:00 am is too late....

Man, they did it again – despite Mussina’s troubles they did it again. My dad sent me an email referring to “Moose panic” and I just got this image of dozens of fans fleeing the stadium “AAAAAAAAH!” My problem may be extreme fatigue – I had to be at work today at 7:00 after 3 weeks off. My internal clock is all screwed up, so I couldn’t sleep at all – why not listen to the game? I think I got like 3 ½ hours of sleep last night. I’m actually listening to tonight’s game at the moment, but I’m fading fast. I’ll end up falling asleep with my headphones on like a little kid. I can’t wait for the Yankees to come back to the East Coast.

So Mark Bellhorn, huh? I don’t know what to think about that – the last time I saw him play, Fenway was booing him for striking out all the time. Maybe the pinstripes will cure what ails him. He was on the DL for a month with a thumb injury. Must be some sort of epidemic.

Sheffield must be so annoyed that he isn’t able to do anything tonight – he didn’t say anything to the press about his suspension (yet, anyway) unlike David Wells, and as everyone knows, it’s not like Sheff to keep his thoughts to himself if he’s got something to say.

I am so loving Matt Lawton at this point – he seems to have jumped into the rapids and is swimming along just fine – a hit in that key 9th inning in the game against Kansas on Saturday, a home run last night, all this while Hurricane Katrina is ripping the roof off his house while his parents are in it.

And Alex Rodriguez. I am just glad he’s a Yankee. Go ‘head Seattle, boo him. He seems to be pretty comfortable in those pinstripes these days. I wonder how someone politely inquires after one’s health when the person in question has pulled a groin muscle. “Sooooooo…how’s yer groin?”

I wonder how much longer they can keep coming from behind like that – that has to be draining on them with it happening as often as it is. I hope they take full advantage of the four games with Seattle because the A’s are going to be tough.